from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A small exclusive group of friends or associates.
- intransitive verb To form, associate in, or act as a clique.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A party; a set; a coterie; specifically, a body or group of persons associated informally for some exclusive or intriguing purpose.
- To form cliques or exclusive sets; associate together in cliques, usually with unworthy or selfish motives.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A narrow circle of persons associated by common interests or for the accomplishment of a common purpose; -- generally used in a bad sense.
- intransitive verb To To associate together in a clannish way; to act with others secretly to gain a desired end; to plot; -- used with together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small,
exclusivegroup of individuals; cabal
- noun graph theory A
subgraph isomorphicto a complete graph.
- noun Internet A group of related
web sitesthat link to each other, like a webringbut with exclusive membership determined by the clique owner.
- verb To
associate togetherin a clannishway; to act with others secretly to gain a desired end; to plot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
We'll have a look today at a brand new documentary, filmmakers going inside Enron's company walls to expose what they call a clique of corporate cowboys.
But sanctions are available under the Civil Rules, However, the injured party must make a motion for sanctions and the Attorney-Judge clique is too incestuous to grant (or even to bring) these types of motions. fed
I have little time in my elitist life to contribute comments to mere comic book sites such as this, not when my clique is gathering to have a conceit party against whatever the hell we think is beneath us.
The old clique is being edged out by conservative, Western oriented and devout Muslims.
Sitting amidst this scared, insecure clique is Reiser, spinning a web of bullshit like a master hypnotist.
Once the clique is born, members communicate with each other via e-mail, chat, discussion boards and instant messaging.
The present military clique is taking full advantage of this and similar ancient beliefs.
The independent Miss Blythe, whom a certain clique of Junior Red Cross girls accused of being domineering and "bossy," was thoroughly cowed.
I would also be a bit suspicious of the apparently inside track of the admin clique but if you’re up for it, then it would certainly be interesting.
The two bosuns are in fear of their lives with this clique, which is growing; for Steve Roberts, the ex-cowboy, and the white-slaver, Arthur