from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To glance quickly.
- intransitive v. To look or peer furtively, as from a place of concealment.
- intransitive v. To be only partially visible, as if peering or emerging from hiding: Tiny crocuses peeked through the snow.
- n. A brief or furtive look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To look slyly, or with the eyes half closed, or through a crevice; to peep.
- v. To be only slightly, partially visible, as if peering out from a hiding place.
- v. To retrieve (a value) from a memory address.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To look surreptitiously, or with the eyes half closed, or through a crevice; to peep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To peep; look pryingly.
- n. An obsolete or nautical spelling of peak.
- n. A woodpecker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. throw a glance at; take a brief look at
- n. a secret look
The scene in this peek is the Wayne/Drake interaction that I wanted to see before Bruce went … whenever he and Steve Rogers are.
Another week, and another sneak peek from the fine people at Archie Comics.
A little behind the curtain peek at the nitty-gritty parts that went into making the monsters of MK.
For now, I wanted to show you another sneak peek from the Occasions Mini Catalog that goes live on Jan. 5.
The sneak peek is now available for freedownload via iTunes!
The only part of the video that could possibly be seen as a clue or sneek peek is a very quick look at new cast members Caesar and Ilana played by Saïd Taghmaoui and Zuleikha Robinson at the end of the video.
And for the Los Angeles Times, John Horn notes that New Line's strategy of offering Cannes this sneak peek is awfully similar to their tactic in 2001 with the first installment of The Lord of the Rings.
For the Los Angeles Times, Glenn F Bunting takes a close look at documents that "provide a rare behind-the-curtain peek at the thousands of expenditures that drain the budget of a major motion picture."
One such peek is being offered by ThinkProgress, an impressive site that has obtained a â€œConfidential Messaging Memoâ€ from Majority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), to his caucus on how to deal with Iraq.
The Trout is usually caught with a worm, or a minnow, which some call a peek, or with a fly, viz. either a natural or an artificial fly: concerning which three, I will give you some observations and directions.