from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply.
- intransitive verb To adjust; fine-tune.
- intransitive verb To make fun of; tease.
- intransitive verb To behave in an agitated or compulsive manner, especially when under the influence of a stimulant drug.
- intransitive verb To be under the influence of a stimulant drug, especially methamphetamine.
- noun A sharp, twisting pinch.
- noun A small adjustment.
- noun A teasing remark or action; a joke.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To twitch; pinch and pull with or as with a sharp jerk; twinge.
- noun A sharp pinch or jerk; a twitch.
- noun A pinch; dilemma; perplexity: as, to be in a sad tweak. E. Phillips, 1706. Also tweag, tweague.
- noun A prostitute.
- noun A whoremonger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch.
- noun obsolete Trouble; distress; tweag.
- noun obsolete A prostitute.
- transitive verb To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A sharp
pinchor jerk; a twistor twitch.
Trouble; distress; tweag.
- noun A slight adjustment or
- noun obsolete, slang A
- verb transitive To pinch and
pullwith a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
- verb transitive, informal To
adjustslightly; to fine-tune.
- verb transitive To
- verb intransitive, US, slang To abuse
methamphetamines, especially crystal meth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a squeeze with the fingers
- verb pinch or squeeze sharply
- verb pull or pull out sharply
- verb adjust finely
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
All you need for this minor tweak is an aluminium strip, a drill, and a screw that will fit into the plate on the bottom of your camera.
WASHINGTON — Republicans say they'll repeal and replace President Barack Obama's health care law, but tinker and tweak is as far as they're likely to get.
Creating camera-phone-friendly QR codes with a goo. gl shortlink URL tweak is nice, but one of our readers took the next logical step.
Applying the tweak is simple enough — just download, extract and double-click on the registry hack file to apply the changes to the registry.
Mr. Stringer said raising the tax rate to 4.332% from 3.876% for the wealthiest New Yorkers, a move he described as a "tweak," would allow for a "huge, meaningful" tax cut to 95% of the city.
Today's whole-grain tweak: Using whole-wheat pastry flour and almond meal for baked goodies.
Today's whole-grain tweak: Brown rice in idlis and dosas.
He described it as a ` ` slight groin tweak '' and said he would be re-evaluated Tuesday.
Her tweak is that caps should be lifted so that all income is subject to SS taxation.
Seems that the premise of I Am Legend is getting quite a tweak from the original story.