from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To push against gently, especially in order to gain attention or give a signal.
- transitive v. To come close to; near: "The temperature was nudging 105 degrees in the shade” ( Scouting).
- n. A gentle push.
- n. One who persistently pesters, annoys, or complains.
- transitive v. To annoy persistently; pester.
- intransitive v. To complain or carp persistently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gentle push.
- n. A feature of instant messaging software used to get the attention of another user, as by shaking the conversation window or playing a sound.
- n. The rotation by one step of a reel of the player's choice.
- v. To push against gently, especially in order to gain attention or give a signal
- v. To near or come close to something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To touch gently, as with the elbow, in order to call attention or convey intimation.
- n. A gentle push, or jog, as with the elbow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To touch gently, as with the elbow; give a hint or signal to by a covert touch with the hand, elbow, or foot.
- n. A slight push, as with the elbow; a covert jog intended to call attention, give warning, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. push into action by pestering or annoying gently
- v. to push against gently
- n. a slight push or shake
Not a bad ad at all, though the "I will always tell you where I stand, and what I think" line sounds pretty hollow after this * wink wink, nudge nudge* NAFTA debacle ...
WV: unmwads - the trouser-area serving *wink wink nudge nudge* of the Lenin-cake.
But at the end of the day, people are human and mistakes 'planned' *wink wink, nudge nudge* or accidental happen.
If this be true, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* then I most certainly expect the unabridged UK audio version to follow read by John Cleese.
However scientific, controlled and subtle that may be, it is not outrageous to say that it *wink wink nudge nudge*.
Or better if you know how to fix it ... * wink wink** nudge nudge*
Did a lot of * nudge, nudge* with the wife during the vows.
Just imagine how many awesome Yotsuba comics you'll get if I win. * nudge nudge*
Attention to detail in all areas if ya know what I mean * wink wink nudge nudge* Ever inch of
Wow, saying "being pigeon-holed" sounds vague nasty and something that would cost a lot to have done extra * wink wink nudge nudge*.