from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tall evergreen tree (Tectona grandis) of southeast Asia, having hard, heavy, durable yellowish-brown wood.
- n. The wood of this tree, used especially for furniture and in shipbuilding.
- n. A grayish yellowish brown or grayish to moderate brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extremely durable timber highly valued for shipbuilding and other purposes, yielded by Tectona grandis (and Tectona spp.).
- n. A tree of the species in the genus Tectona
- n. A yellowish brown colour, like that of teak wood.
- adj. Of a yellowish brown colour, like that of teak wood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tree of East Indies (Tectona grandis) which furnishes an extremely strong and durable timber highly valued for shipbuilding and other purposes; also, the timber of the tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An East Indian timber-tree, Tectona grandis, or its wood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees; resistant to insects and to warping; used for furniture and in shipbuilding
- n. tall East Indian timber tree now planted in western Africa and tropical America for its hard durable wood
The chair handmade in teak & leather is an experiment to evoke emotions that emerge in these modern times of straight line mass productible furniture.
Give your next PC all the style of fine furniture or a sleek sailboat by having it encased in teak or mahogany.
The interior was trimmed in teak, as was the companionway leading into the cabin.
Then when it dries you use special oil called teak oil.
Slow growing trees such as teak and many other hardwoods will be cut down and not replanted when interest rates are even moderately high.
(The tabletop, bought from Seattle dealer David Smith, is made of Indonesian teak, which is expensive, "but it's a tropical hardwood, so it'll last forever," says Ed. He hated the table's original base, so he tore it off and replaced it with plain steel legs.
Moreover, the bigger trees such as teak and cedar provide ideal conditions for the smaller cocoa trees which grow best in the shade, while the roots of the bigger trees oxygenate the soil.
Moreover, the bigger trees such as teak and cedar provide ideal conditions for the smaller cocoa trees, which grow best in the shade, while the roots of the bigger trees oxygenate the soil.
Focused solely on forest plantations, RE-Forest Fund LP will manage various tree species such as teak, conifer and eucalyptus that each respond to different commercial markets from construction to renewable energy.
Outdoor wood furniture, such as teak patio furniture, is often a lifetime investment.