from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Chromium or a chromium alloy.
- noun Something plated with a chromium alloy.
- noun A pigment containing chromium.
- transitive verb To plate with chromium.
- transitive verb To tan or dye with a chromium compound.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Chromium.
- In dyeing, to subject to a bath of bichromate of potash.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To treat with a solution of potassium bichromate, as in dyeing.
- noun Same as
- noun (Chem.) a dark violet substance, (SO4)3Cr2.K2SO4.24H2O, analogous to, and crystallizing like, common alum. It is regarded as a double sulphate of chromium and potassium.
- noun A pigment made by mixing chrome yellow with Prussian blue.
- noun a beautiful red pigment originally prepared from the basic chromate of lead, but now made from red oxide of lead.
- noun a brilliant yellow pigment, PbCrO4, used by painters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Another name for
chromiumwhen used to plate other metals.
- noun computing, graphical user interface The basic
structural elementsused in a graphical user interface, such as window frames and scroll bars, as opposed to the content.
- verb To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb plate with chromium
- verb treat with a chromium compound
- noun another word for chromium when it is used in dyes or pigments
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
the thing is, chrome, *chrome*. having a wunderbar that i can just instantly search from is just so tempting. were i to switch back to firefox, making yahoo the default search would be a lot simpler.
Just checked ctrl-e in chrome, it puts a question mark at the start of the bar automatically to let chrome know it is a query.
However, Nashville chrome is actually a sound that changed country music about the time those Cadillacs were on the road.
For those of you who don't want to make the leap to IE8, you can use "Incognito Mode" in chrome to get something similar to this feature.
The heater is made of steel and available in chrome and in bright colors.
I was wondering if anyone knew what modifications, if any, need to be made to user script for it to work in chrome xor24
A flat-bottom design with a massive recoil lug, the Model 1999 comes in chrome-moly or stainless steel, in right - or left-hand configurations.
The satin chrome front grille, mirrors and rear boot-lid garnish add to the clean, crisp image.
Oh, and might i say that Google chrome is NOT perfect.
Satin chrome accents tie in with the exterior and add to the tranquil environment.