from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small group of people organized in a common endeavor or activity.
- n. The smallest tactical unit of military personnel.
- n. A small unit of police officers.
- n. Sports An athletic team.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of people organized for some common purpose, usually of about ten members.
- n. A unit of tactical military personnel, or of police officers, usually of about ten members.
- n. A group of potential players from whom a starting team and substitutes are chosen.
- n. sloppy mud
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small party of men assembled for drill, inspection, or other purposes.
- n. Hence, any small party.
- n. Sloppy mud.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Milit., any small number of men assembled, as for drill, inspection, or duty.
- n. Any small party or group of persons: as, a squad of navvies; a set of people in general: usually somewhat contemptuous.
- To draw up in a squad.
- n. Soft, slimy mud.
- n. In mining, loose ore of tin mixed with earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small squad of policemen trained to deal with a particular kind of crime
- n. a smallest army unit
- n. a cooperative unit (especially in sports)
= _A sentry squad_ is a squad posted in observation at an indicated point.
Whereas the title squad's unselfish play some times led to passing to a fault, the current crew lean toward faulty passing.
Not everyone in the squad is the same age, he says, perhaps thinking of Kevin Davies, who has just received his first England call-up at the age of 33.
I'm putting a team into an Edinburgh Summer league and the squad is a bit on the thin side.
After a particularly harrowing battle where the squad is able to overcome a Nazi ambush Zab is asked about what happened and can barely remember the event.
Maybe it did, but this squad is a legitimate contender in the East.
The first few chapters, which describe a stakeout in which Gunvald Larsson of the homicide squad is reluctantly involved, are brilliant.
The driving force for the current squad is Shanavia Dowdell, two-time WAC player of the year and this year's tournament MVP.
The Chick-fil-A Bowl, to be played Dec. 31 at 7: 30 p.m. in Atlanta, pits an ACC team against a squad from the Southeastern Conference.
Based on the data in the two previous categories, how many minutes/matches/days/weeks would it take for United to score against RSL at Rio Tinto Stadium, where the home squad is 11-0-4 and has allowed seven goals?