from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A quadrangle: cadets forming up in the barracks quad.
- n. Printing See quadrat.
- adj. Informal Quadruple.
- n. A quadruplet.
- adj. Quadraphonic.
- n. Informal A quadriceps muscle. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A quadrangle (courtyard).
- n. A quadruplet (infant).
- n. short for quadrilateral
- n. A quadriceps muscle.
- n. Four shots of espresso.
- n. A quad bike.
- adj. Having four shots of espresso.
- adj. Of or relating to quads.
- n. A blank metal block used to fill short lines of type.
- n. A joke used to fill long days of setting type.
- n. A keyboard command which aligns text with the left or right margin, or centred between them. In combination, as quad left, quad right, or quad centre.
- v. To fill spaces in a line of type with quads. Also quad out.
- v. To align text with the left or right margin, or centre it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Evil; bad; baffling.
- n. A quadrat.
- n. A quadrangle; hence, a prison.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put in prison.
- In printing, to fill with quadrats: as to quad out a line.
- n. See qued.
- n. A quadrangle or court, as of a college.
- n. The quadrangle of a prison where prisoners take exercise; hence, a prison; a jail. More commonly spelled quod.
- n. In printing, a quadrat.
- n. An abbreviation of quadruplex in telegraphy.
- n. A bicycle for four riders.
- n. An abbreviation of quadrant, the unit of self-inductance;
- n. of quadrate;
- n. of quadruplex (telegraph).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a muscle of the thigh that extends the leg
- n. one of four children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- n. (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words or sentences
- n. a rectangular area surrounded on all sides by buildings
Things will slowly return to normal on campus -- the TP on the quad is already disintegrating from the rain this weekend, and the world of college life will go on as the freshmen come to campus in a few weeks.
To skating fans, seeing a quad is as exciting as a Hail Mary, a walk-off grand slam or a hole in one.
And then his great vision, but his great failure, was in introducing what he called a quad plan, which was breaking up this somewhat amorphous college where the students didn't know each other so well anymore and where they were distracted by extracurricular affairs and living off the campus and so on, by organizing separate colleges which later Harvard took up in the house plan in the college plan house plan, and Yale took up in the college plan.
If you are willing to pay more for synthetic oil, then your quad is probably better off with it than with conventional oil.
This 270cc four-stroke utility quad is liquid cooled and features an electric starter with a recoil backup starter.
One of the most important things on a mud quad is aggressive, oversized tires.
If the quad is running lean from increased airflow you can install a “2-inch to 1. 5-inch flush reducer” into the end of your airbox intake snorkel.
"The quad is a huge point-getter, but it's only 1.6 more than a triple axel," Olympic champion Scott Hamilton says.
A dirty quad is a playground for lurking problems.
If you have a belt-driven transmission (a quad without a chain), there should a plug at the bottom of the belt cover that you can pull to drain the water out once the quad is back down on its wheels.