from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, usually secret group united for a common interest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Archaic form of junta.
- n. A club, originally used thus by Benjamin Franklin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A secret council to deliberate on affairs of government or politics; a number of men combined for party intrigue; a faction; a cabal
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A private council or assembly; a combination of persons openly or secretly engaged for a common purpose, especially of a political character; a club of partizans or intriguers; a faction; a cabal; specifically, in English history, a group of leading Whig politicians in the reigns of William III. and Anne, of whom the most important were Somers, Wharton, Russell, and Montague.
- n. Synonyms Faction, Camarilla, etc. See cabal
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
He was partial to a matchup zone he called junto, Spanish for “togetherness,” a term he picked up while teaching summer clinics in Puerto Rico.
he called junto: Phil Grose, “Clemson Destroys N.C. State, 67–46,” Charlotte Observer, March 2, 1962.
De Foe represented the Whiggism, not of the great 'junto' or aristocratic ring, but of the dissenters and tradesmen whose prejudices the junto had to turn to account.
These persons made up the committee of state, which was reproachfully after called the junto, and enviously then in the Court the Cabinet Council "(" History of the Rebellion, "vol. i., p. 211, edit.
"junto" or "cabal," and during the days of conflict between the commons and the king it was regarded with great disfavour by the parliament of England.
Para divulgar junto aos jornalistas e media buyers a última temporada de Prison Break, na FOX, na qual irmãos Scofield precisam decifrar códigos para conseguirem a liberdade, foi-lhes enviado um direct mail diferenciado.
Uma foto da pessoa junto da mala e o código devem ser enviados por e-mail à organização e esta enviará, como resposta, o local da próxima projecção.
La sala es moderna y cuenta con un espacio cómodo para leer junto a la ventana.
By Casa moderna junto al río | Perfecto Ambiente on November 23, 2009 at 10: 02 am
By Cocina junto a la escalera, por qué no? on September 22, 2009 at 7: 08 am