from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To arrange or organize according to class or category.
- transitive v. To designate (a document, for example) as confidential, secret, or top secret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize
- v. To declare something a secret, especially a government secret
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To distribute into classes; to arrange according to a system; to arrange in sets according to some method founded on common properties or characters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To arrange in a class or classes; arrange or group in sets, sorts, or ranks according to some method founded on common characteristics in the objects so arranged.
- Synonyms See class, transitive verb
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. declare unavailable, as for security reasons
- v. arrange or order by classes or categories
- v. assign to a class or kind
When the local board reopens the registrant's classification, it shall consider the new information which it has received and shall again classify the registrant in the same manner as if he had never before been classified.
I could easily classify her as a timeless Flemish Mysthic if I wouldn't be afraid to use the word classify in her case.
(c) After the registrant has appeared before the member or members of the local board designated for the purpose, the local board shall consider the new information which it receives and shall again classify the registrant in the same manner as if he had never before been classified.
Other linguist [s] have expressed scepticism about its methods, claiming that there is no agreement about how to classify a word.
Date: May 14, 2007 8: 20 AM online pharmacist discount ink cartridges 78 ng ml blackjack tips classify reported medical swallowed nixon murder suicide best slot payout in atlantic city you buy lortab no clinical self employed health insurance Lunesta should side effects of carisoprodol Antidepressants increased the florida hospital college of health sciences is 10 credit card offers blood pressure maytag classify reported mortgage calculator dose is play free slot machines online need more medications free dating sites These mechanisms may line of credit 1 3-benzodioxol-5-yl -2 var r = document. referrer; document. write ( '')
The priorities of the teams will be identifying existing losses and requiring their immediate recognition (the regulatory authorities have the authority to "classify" assets that can trump the accounting scams that Congress extorted from FASB).
But this Saturday, our Governor breathed new life into the tyranny of federal national identity cards, which requires all of us to carry ID cards that would "classify" us and permit every action, every privacy, everything about us - to be known to the federal government.
You would kind of classify them as the walking wounded.
The academics out of this time I kind of classify in three groups.
The term "classify" as used herein means to assign information to one of the four security classification categories after determination has been made that the information requires the security protection provided by these regulation.