from The Century Dictionary.
- To break.
- noun Brackish water; salt water.
- noun A kind of harrow.
- noun A break or opening in anything; a breach; a rent.
- noun A flaw; a defect; an imperfection.
- noun A broken part; a piece.
- To inspect and assort (produce, etc.) at the Baltic ports by sworn selectors.
- noun A long-established system of official inspection and assorting of produce and other goods at the Baltic seaports.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An opening caused by the parting of any solid body; a crack or breach; a flaw.
- noun obsolete Salt or brackish water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete
Saltor brackish water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Excerpts or articles behind subscription walls are in brackets (I’m not sure if all the Atlantic articles I bracketed are actually behind subscription walls; but I figured it was safer to assume, so try them even if you’re not a subscriber.)
The two-thirds that remained were survivors; they'd learned to sail, they'd learned to pursue the slow-moving turtles and the so-called brack-whales of the southern coast inlets and lagoons.
As he spoke, the powerful rotors of two U.S. military helicopters thumped in the distance, and a deliveryman arrived with another truckload of spiced Irish fruitbread, called brack, rebranded "Barack's Brack" for this month and bearing a cartoon portrait of the president.
They also baked a special round fruitcake, locally called a "brack," to sell for the occasion - with Obama's picture on the wrapping.
I loved hearing my rich family members complaining about being in a higher tax brack their because of all of the money mommy and daddy gave them.
Everybody knows there needs to be a brack (ph), which means a commission that meets, that respected, they're bipartisan and they come out with a plan to fix them both, these entitlement systems.
He said and I quote, “I no pray funny brack man, but Peking Duck cameo no plobrem.”
Also the fact of brack to school marking milestones in their lives.
October 28th, 2008 7:18 pm ET brb don8in sum moniez 2 brack obama 4 prez!
A feminine strand - Earl Grey and barm-brack by the open fire, Joni Mitchell on the stereo.