from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To swell or bulge.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To swell beyond the adjacent surface; be prominent; bulge out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To swell, or be prominent, beyond the adjacent surface; to bulge out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To
bulgeoutward, producing a rounded protuberance.
- verb transitive, rare To cause to bulge outward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb form a rounded prominence
- verb cause to bulge out or project
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Late Latin prōtūberāre, prōtūberāt- : Latin prō-, forth; see pro– + Latin tūber, a swelling; see teuə- in Indo-European roots.]
The predominance of the querulous interloper rife in the quest to protuberate and wrest away the volition of the American taxpayer is in fact coming to conclusion.