Sorry, no definitions found. Check out and contribute to the discussion of this word!


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Sometimes misspelled as "protruberating", probably under the influence of "protruding", which is similar in meaning: "swelling out" versus "jutting out". This reminds me of stream capture. Perhaps the phenomenon could be called spelling capture. Or is there already a word for it?

    November 12, 2007

  • I've contacted my Writing Systems professor with reference to this -- if he gets back to me, I'll get back to you.

    May 17, 2008

  • Sounds like what often happens when you wear a tube top. Kind of embarassing.

    May 20, 2008

  • said professor says he is not aware of any such term -- you are probably safe to coin.

    May 20, 2008

  • Just wearing a tube top is kind of embarrassing, isn't it? ;-)

    May 20, 2008

  • Dontcry's comment reminds me of the dangers of what my mother used to describe as fallout.

    May 20, 2008