from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hard rubber disk used in ice hockey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard hard rubber disc; any other flat disc meant to be hit across a flat surface in a game.
- n. An object shaped like a puck.
- n. A pointing device with a crosshair.
- n. A mischievous spirit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A celebrated fairy, “the merry wanderer of the night;” -- called also Robin Goodfellow, Friar Rush, Pug, etc.
- n. The goatsucker.
- n. A disk of vulcanized rubber used in the game of hockey, as the object to be driven through the goals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fairy; elf; sprite.
- n. Specifically [capitalized] A fairy of high repute. who was also known by the names of Robin Goodfellow and Friar Rush.
- n. The devil; Satan.
- n. A disk of rubber used in place of a ball in hockey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mischievous sprite of English folklore
- n. a vulcanized rubber disk 3 inches in diameter that is used instead of a ball in ice hockey
` ` When you have a little hot streak, it seems like the puck is always coming to you, '' Kopitar said.
Instead of firing away like the puck is a hand grenade, make the right play and take the hit.
` ` The one that stops the puck is ahead of the other one, '' he said.
"I just move my hand and, oh, the puck is there," Bryzgalov said.
At least one forechecker, if not two, must be required in the defensive zone as long as the puck is there.
It's about skating to where the puck is going to be.
It will go right up until the first puck is dropped next season.
The puck is sent skidding around the ice by hitting it with sticks.
Now, its taken for granted the puck is going hit some part of the fearless, athletic, and enormous monster in the net.
Though he's slightly built and really needs to add upper body strength, de Haan runs the PP impeccably with great decisions in puck distribution and he's also a smooth skater and very intelligent at both ends.