from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
- n. A person given to clowning and joking.
- n. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who acts in a silly or ridiculous fashion; a clown or fool.
- n. An unintentionally ridiculous person.
- v. To behave like a buffoon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characteristic of, or like, a buffoon.
- n. A man who makes a practice of amusing others by low tricks, antic gestures, etc.; a droll; a mimic; a harlequin; a clown; a merry-andrew.
- intransitive v. To act the part of a buffoon.
- transitive v. To treat with buffoonery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes a practice of amusing others by tricks, odd gestures and postures, jokes, and other vulgar pleasantries; a droll; a merryandrew; a clown; a jester.
- n. Synonyms See zany.
- Characteristic of a buffoon; buffoonish.
- To act the part of a buffoon.
- To make ridiculous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rude or vulgar fool
- n. a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
This buffoon is the most self-centered idiot I have ever seen or heard.
This ignorant buffoon is a huge embarassment to his state and this country.
Joe Wilson is a boring buffoon from a district where the federal pork barrel has been flowing for years but, that could stop in a hurry with such an idiot representing the district.
I know you love Al Gore but the buffoon is gone, even his home state didn't want him.
Any Dem who thinks this buffoon is going to reach across the aisle as he comes out of the gate is deluded.
I think it boils down to the simple precept that the man is a friggin buffoon and his mouth has a tendency to get several steps ahead of his brain.
Why anyone would even think of interviewing this loser & lying buffoon is beyond me.
And ElBruce, trying to say stupid or buffoon is a substitute for a racist term is borderline libel.
Now I can add, What makes you think this scolding buffoon is going to win anything except, perhaps, a kiss on the cheek from Ralph Nader?
April 23rd, 2010 3: 06 pm ET thank goodness this buffoon is no longer in power. he was, and still is, a disgrace to the human race.