from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, antics, and tricks in a circus, play, or other presentation.
- noun One who jokes and plays tricks.
- noun A coarse, rude, vulgar person; a boor.
- noun A peasant; a rustic.
- intransitive verb To behave like a buffoon or jester.
- intransitive verb To perform as a buffoon or jester.
- intransitive verb To krump, especially in clown makeup.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To act or behave as a clown; play the clown.
- noun A man of rustic or coarse manners; a person without refinement; a lout; a boor; a churl.
- noun A husbandman; a peasant; a rustic.
- noun A professional or habitual jester; a merryman or buffoon, as in a pantomime, circus, or other place of entertainment, and formerly in the households of the great.
- noun Synonyms See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb obsolete To act as a clown; -- with
- noun A man of coarse nature and manners; an awkward fellow; an ill-bred person; a boor.
- noun One who works upon the soil; a rustic; a churl.
- noun The fool or buffoon in a play, circus, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A performance artist often associated with a
circusand typically characterised by bright, oversizedclothing, a red nose, face paint, and a brightly colored wigand who performs slapstick.
- noun A person who acts in a
- verb To act in a silly fashion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb act as or like a clown
- noun a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
- noun a rude or vulgar fool
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Whether this makes him a clown is a matter of interpretation.
Yes | No | Report from chrisgluv wrote 21 weeks 1 day ago yeess the clown is awesome nice pictures
This clown is an embarrassment to this country. will
Boy! obozo the clown is the best thing to happen to Republicans in years.
November 13th, 2009 4: 17 pm ET this clown is the lamest individual to hold public office ... seebofubar
If this clown is a "living example of Christ", He would leave the state without a formal chain of command to bed a mistress.
That Mass traded in Kennedy for this clown is a sad testament to where our nation is headed.
Being a clown is a dear asset to Faux News Network in general, and chairman Ailes in particular.
Yes | No | Report from chrisgluv wrote 23 weeks 7 hours ago yeess the clown is awesome nice pictures
This clown is anything but a rising star in the GOP.