from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The lower part or the business center of a city or town.
- adv. To, toward, or in the lower part or the business center of a city or town.
- adj. Of, relating to, or located downtown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. either the lower, or the business center of a city or town
- adv. in, or towards the downtown area
- adv. Outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket.
- adj. of, relating to, or situated in the downtown area
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the central area or commercial center of a town or city
- adv. toward or in the lower or central part of town
- adj. of or located in the lower part of a town, or in the business center
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Build the darn tunnel through Seattle with NO on or off ramps in downtown is what I vote.
And plentiful. ws: That parking garage in downtown is owned by Lake Oswego Redevelopment Agency (LORA) which is a public entity.
The source and I agree though that lugging luggage up from the rail/bus tunnel to a hotel in downtown is not going to be easy, and that going part way on the train and then transfering to a shuttle or taxi or whatever is not likely to happen, especially by business travelers late at night, or families traveling with car seats, strollers and screaming kids.
And jogging for 45 min downtown, you must have made lots of laps, downtown is very small.
M. O'BRIEN: It kind of gives new meaning to the term downtown, if you know what I mean.
That is only a problem in downtown, which is becoming more irrelevant every day.
“The timing could not be better, as our downtown is about to be reconnected with the rest of the county to a 17-mile uninterrupted rail trail,” he says.
A couple of years ago, I had an apartment downtown (well, what we call a downtown) with a porch on the second floor.
Now what we're going to show you now is what they call the downtown connector.
Walking in the downtown is a superior option to driving and locating parking.