from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, relating to, or characteristic of a suburb.
- adjective Located or residing in a suburb.
- adjective Of, relating to, or characteristic of the culture, customs, and manners typical of life in the suburbs.
- noun A suburbanite.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to, inhabiting, or being in the suburbs of a city.
- noun One who dwells in the suburbs of a city.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to suburbs; inhabiting, or being in, the suburbs of a city.
- noun One who dwells in the suburbs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Relating to or characteristic of or situated on the
outskirtsof a city.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective relating to or characteristic of or situated in suburbs
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin suburbanus, from prefix sub- ("under"), + urbs ("city"), + adjective suffix -anus.
Sorry, no example sentences found.