from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ignorant person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A totally ignorant person—unknowledgeable, uneducated, or uninformed; a fool.
- n. A grand jury's ruling on an indictment when the evidence is determined to be insufficient to send the case to trial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. We are ignorant; we ignore; -- being the word formerly written on a bill of indictment by a grand jury when there was not sufficient evidence to warrant them in finding it a true bill. The phrase now used is, “No bill,” “No true bill,” or “Not found,” though in some jurisdictions “Ignored” is still used.
- n. A stupid, ignorant person; a vain pretender to knowledge; a dunce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, an indorsement, meaning ‘we ignore it,’ which a grand jury formerly made on a bill presented to it for inquiry, when there was not evidence to support the charges, by virtue of which indorsement all proceedings were stopped, and the accused person was discharged.
- n. n. An ignorant person; especially, one who lacks necessary knowledge; an ignorant pretender to knowledge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ignorant person
Actually you fcukin ignoramus fcukwit, those who practice in bartering would appreciate you and everyone here continuing to ignore them.
An ignoramus is someone like you who attempts to reframe an argument based on a lie.
The media would excoriate him for daring to use the word ignoramus to denote ignoramuses.
And for what I'd be willing to bet was a pretty large part of society, an ignoramus is the greatest offense of all.
Venezuela's Chavez calls Obama "ignoramus" - Reuters
I doubt if McCain disavows this since it won't cost him any votes with the demographic he panders to, aka the ignoramus sector.
Fightin' Cock Flyer: Venezuela's Chavez calls Obama "ignoramus" - Reuters
Why is this self-dubbed ignoramus making all this pother about being deprived of the classics?
In late March on his Sunday radio/television program (Alo Presidente), he voiced the same concern in calling Obama an "ignoramus" and suggested "he should read and study a little to understand reality .... the obstacle to development in Latin America has been the empire (he) preside (s) over today."
Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez said on Sunday his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama was at best an "ignoramus" for saying the socialist leader exported terrorism and ...