from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In medicine, a small inflammatory elevation of the skin not containing liquid visible to the naked eye; a pimple.
- noun In anatomy and zoology, same as
- noun plural In Stelleroidea, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) A pimple; a small, usually conical, elevation of the cuticle, produced by congestion, accumulated secretion, or hypertrophy of tissue; a papule.
- noun (Zoöl.) One of the numerous small hollow processes of the integument between the plates of starfishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine A
pimple; a small, usually conical, elevationof the cuticle, produced by congestion, accumulated secretion, or hypertrophyof tissue; a papule.
- noun zoology One of the numerous small hollow
processesof the integumentbetween the platesof starfishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin papula ("mole").
In pimply acne of the skin, to touch each papula with some of the Compound Spirit of Horse Radish now and again will soon effect a general cure of the ailment.