Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A piece of furniture with shelves for holding books.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A piece of furniture designed for the storage/display of books.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A case with shelves for holding books, esp. one with glazed doors.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A case with shelves for holding books.
  • n. In law, a case stated or mentioned in legal works; a recorded case; a precedent.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a piece of furniture with shelves for storing books


book +‎ case (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • I have a friend called Hat. Really. Even though he flies planes he refuses to change his name to Pilot's Cap. I think identity's always been a problem for Hat. Sometimes his wife calls him Hatstand, which doesn't help.

    June 21, 2008

  • Scarlet Bookcase O'Catalogues.

    June 21, 2008

  • A great name for a girl. Also sandstorm and hat, except hat is more of a boy's name.

    June 21, 2008