from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
- n. A stock of weapons.
- n. A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A military establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel; an armoury.
- n. A stock of weapons, especially all the weapons that a nation possesses.
- n. A store or supply of anything.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A public establishment for the storage, or for the manufacture and storage, of arms and all military equipments, whether for land or naval service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A repository or magazine of arms and military stores of all kinds, whether for land or naval service.
- n. A public establishment where naval and military engines or warlike equipments are manufactured.
- n. Figuratively, a repository of any kind of equipment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place where arms are manufactured
- n. all the weapons and equipment that a country has
- n. a military structure where arms and ammunition and other military equipment are stored and training is given in the use of arms
And the final trick in my arsenal is a super-cool folding potty seat, to make strange toilets more fun and less frightening.
One of the strongest weapons in our arsenal is the power of freedom.
HUNTER: Well, let me tell you, this is important, Lou, because, you know, the aerospace industry in this country is an important part of what we call the arsenal democracy.
In other words, the UK sea-based nuclear arsenal is under ultimate US control.
When you are discussing a topic and you resort to name calling you are illustrating the point that you have lost the argument and all you have left in your arsenal is to spew invective.
One of the most potent sentences in a rapist's verbal arsenal is "No one will believe you."
Their existing arsenal is a big concern but their recent commitment to battling extremists in their own boarders makes it seem like their stockpile is in surer hands than it was.
He said we were REDUCING our nuclear arsenal through arms deals and setting a goal to ensure the world nuke arsenal is completely secure.
To prohibit a country from having a nuclear arsenal is only giving both the United States and Isreal to stay the school yard bullies of the International world.
The only thing our government has left in its arsenal is to flood the market with less-valuable money: ie, create inflation.