from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A room, area, or small establishment where manual or light industrial work is done.
- noun An educational seminar or series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a usually small number of participants.
- transitive verb To create or revise (a drama or literary work) based on suggestions or criticism from a group of collaborators.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A shop or building where a workman, mechanic, or artificer, or a number of such, carry on their work; a place where any work or handicraft is carried on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A shop where any manufacture or handiwork is carried on.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small
roomwhere things are manufactured, or light industrialwork is done
- noun A
brief intensive courseof educationfor a small group; emphasizes interactionand practical problem solving
- noun An
- verb transitive To help a
playwrightrevise a draftof (a play) by rehearsing it with actors and critiquing the results.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a brief intensive course for a small group; emphasizes problem solving
- noun small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This workshop is a contact-high for people serious about writing genre fiction.
In fact, part of the workshop is about how different practitioner communities can better collaborate & complement other approaches.
Find out if attending a workshop is the right thing for you.
One of my favorite things to demonstrate at a workshop is a progressive scrapbook page.
The woman hosting the workshop is a Spanish expat and although she speaks five languages, she wanted to try to get people that were comfortable with Spanish and not exclude non-English speakers.
This workshop is appropriate for audiences with an understanding of the dynamics of sexual violence and some involvement in their communities, for example peer health or peer leadership groups.
I've been reading your blog for the last year or so, learning as I go, so attending your workshop is a natural evolution, if I'm not too late in signing up.
Incorporated in the workshop is a growing list of topics to help young parents educate their children so that they can – hopefully – make smarter, healthier decisions when it comes to their bodies and their sexuality.
Incorporated in the workshop is a growing list of topics to help young parents educate their children so that they can – hopefully – make [...]
Institutional Web Management Workshop 2008 - This workshop is aimed at those involved in management of institutional Web services.