from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Ease in moving, acting, or doing.
- noun An ability or talent; an aptitude.
- noun A building, room, array of equipment, or a number of such things, designed to serve a particular function.
- noun Something that facilitates an action or process.
- noun Informal A restroom or public toilet.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The quality of being easily done or performed; freedom from difficulty; ease: as, the facility of an operation.
- noun Ease in doing or performance; readiness proceeding from skill or practice; dexterity: as, he performed the work with great facility.
- noun Easiness to be moved or persuaded; readiness of compliance; pliancy; specifically, in Scots law, a degree of mental weakness short of idiocy, but justifying legal intervention.
- noun Easiness of access; complaisance; affability; urbanity.
- noun The means by which the performance of anything is rendered more easy; convenience; assistance; advantage: usually in the plural: as, facilities for traveling or for study.
- noun Expertness, Knack, etc. (see
readiness), ability, quickness.
- noun Civility.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The quality of being easily performed; freedom from difficulty; ease.
- noun Ease in performance; readiness proceeding from skill or use; dexterity.
- noun Easiness to be persuaded; readiness or compliance; -- usually in a bad sense; pliancy.
- noun Easiness of access; complaisance; affability.
- noun That which promotes the ease of any action or course of conduct; advantage; aid; assistance; -- usually in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a natural effortlessness
- noun a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry
- noun skillful performance or ability without difficulty
- noun something designed and created to serve a particular function and to afford a particular convenience or service
- noun a service that an organization or a piece of equipment offers you
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Middle French facilité, and its source, Latin facilitās.
Sorry, no example sentences found.