from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of smoothness of flow
- n. The quality of being fluent in a language; A person's command of a particular language.
- n. The quality of consistently applying skill correctly in the manner of one well-practiced at it, requiring little deliberate thought to perform without mistakes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being fluent; smoothness; readiness of utterance; volubility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being fluent.
- n. Readiness and smoothness of utterance; volubility.
- n. Affluence; abundance.
- n. Synonyms Glibness, facility, readiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. skillfulness in speaking or writing
- n. powerful and effective language
- n. the quality of being facile in speech and writing
Technological fluency is a step beyond technological literacy.
They have job postings in the DF embassy and your Spanish/English fluency is just what they ask for.
That fluency is not a gift, but an accomplishment: attaining it meant defeating a severe boyhood stutter.
Study participants took a series of tests, including a memory test, a visual memory test, and a word fluency test, two and four years later.
The second step they found for improved fluency is silent reading done independently by the students.
Teachers of this ilk love their phonics, context clues, and inference worksheets when they are not leading their students in fluency exercises, ad nauseum, whether the students need fluency practice or not.
Reading fluency is the ability to read quickly and accurately.
Silent reading fluency is efficient reading, and at The Literacy Academy, we define speed reading as nothing more than efficient reading.
A person with good reading fluency is able to comprehend more because they instantly group and recognize words.
While rather unusual in their choice of words (e.g., producing chihuahua, ibis and condor in addition to more usual animal words in a word fluency test) and despite an excessive use of clichÃ©s and social stock-phrases, their ability to use language, especially in conversational contexts, is more or less intact.