from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A set of articles or implements used for a specific purpose: a survival kit; a shaving kit.
- n. A container for such a set.
- n. A set of parts or materials to be assembled: a model airplane kit.
- n. A packaged set of related materials: a sales kit.
- n. A collection of clothing and other personal effects used for travel.
- n. A container, such as a bag, valise, or knapsack, for storing or holding such a collection.
- idiom the (whole) kit and caboodle Informal The entire collection or lot.
- n. A kitten.
- n. A young, often undersized fur-bearing animal.
- n. A tiny, narrow violin used by dancing masters in the 17th and 18th centuries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. kitten
- n. kit fox
- n. a kit violin
- n. a school of pigeons, especially domesticated, trained pigeons
- n. A circular wooden vessel, made of hooped staves.
- n. A kind of basket made from straw of rushes, especially for holding fish; by extension, the contents of such a basket, used as a measure of weight.
- n. A collection of items forming the equipment of a soldier, carried in a knapsack.
- n. Any collection of items needed for a specific purpose, especially for use by a workman, or personal effects packed for travelling.
- n. A collection of parts sold for the buyer to assemble.
- n. Clothing.
- n. A full software distribution, as opposed to a patch or upgrade.
- v. To assemble or collect something into kits or sets or to give somebody a kit. See also kit out and other derived phrases.
- adj. Something which came originally in kit form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cut.
- n. A kitten.
- n. A small violin.
- n. A large bottle.
- n. A wooden tub or pail, smaller at the top than at the bottom.
- n. A straw or rush basket for fish; also, any kind of basket.
- n. A box for working implements.
- n. A collection of tools or other objects to be used for a specific purpose, often contained in a box which may be carried conveniently; a working outfit, as of a workman, a soldier, and the like.
- n. A group of separate parts, things, or individuals; -- used with whole, and generally contemptuously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pail, small tub, box, or chest containing or for holding particular commodities or articles: as, a kit of mackerel; a kit of tools.
- n. Hence An outfit of necessaries for a trade or occupation, or for some special purpose: as, a traveler's or an angler's kit. A mechanic's kit comprises the tools required for his work; a soldier's or sailor's kit, such personal necessaries as he has to provide at his own cost.
- n. A basket; especially, a straw or rush basket.
- n. In photography, a flat rectangular frame fitted into a plate-holder to enable it to carry a plate smaller than the size for which it is made.
- To pack in kits for market: as, kitted mackerel, as distinguished from barreled mackerel.
- n. A dialectal and Middle English variant, of cut.
- n. A family; a brood.
- n. A kitten.
- n. A light woman.
- n. A miniature violin, about sixteen inches long, having three strings. It was once much used by dancing-masters, because it was small enough to be carried iu the pocket, whence its French name pochette.
- n. A kind of cement.
- n. A fish, the smear-dab.
- n. An English fanciers' term for a small flock of pigeons, particularly tumblers.
- n. A bag or basket woven of native flax, used by the Maoris.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. young of any of various fur-bearing animals
- n. a case for containing a set of articles
- v. supply with a set of articles or tools
- n. gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
This kit is also compatible with HP Laser Jet printer models like the 5P 5MP 6P 6MP and 6Pse Printers.
The problem with the kit is the “three short decorating bottles,” which have an accordion-like design.
Spain third kit is not that kind of blue, shirt and shorts are as the shorts of the home kit, that is dark blue.
The cornerstone of the kit is the Conception Cap, which brings the semen in direct contact with the cervix for four to six hours, thereby increasing the opportunity for sperm to move into the uterine cavity and fertilize an egg at the most opportune time.
The manufacturer had to make a kid-safe version, and as a result, the kit is a piece of junk.
In the case of gas stoves, a conversion kit is necessary to switch from one to the other.
My new and improved starter kit is ready, for those who are interested (just email me at grubin at gretchenrubin dot com if you want a copy).
A list of items to “buy” (or otherwise aquire) to make millitia units have a wee bit of similar avalible kit is a pretty flimsy argument, TP.
Yeah Pants … i want to get those done …. the best part of the whole kit is the backpack … The smoke stack works!
The Sequoia F. 8L Falco is a lightweight 2-seater aerobatic aircraft, sold in kit or plans form for self-assembly by the Sequoia Aircraft Company of Richmond, Virginia.