from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young male horse.
- n. A youthful or inexperienced person; a novice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young male horse
- n. A youthful or inexperienced person; a novice
- n. A short piece of rope once used by petty officers to urge men to work
- v. To horse; to get with young.
- v. To befool.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The young of the equine genus or horse kind of animals; -- sometimes distinctively applied to the male,
fillybeing the female. Cf. foal.
- n. A young, foolish fellow.
- n. A short knotted rope formerly used as an instrument of punishment in the navy.
- intransitive v. To frisk or frolic like a colt; to act licentiously or wantonly.
- transitive v. To horse; to get with young.
- transitive v. To befool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To frisk, frolic, or run at large, like a colt.
- [Cf. calve, v., 2, and cave, verb, II., 2.] To become detached, as a mass of earth from a bank or excavation; cave: with in.
- To befool; fool.
- To beat with a rope's end. See colt, n., 4.
- n. A young horse, or a young animal of the horse tribe: commonly and distinctively applied to the male, the young female being a filly.
- n. A person new to office or to the exercise of any art; a green hand: as, a team of colts at cricket.
- n. A cheat; a slippery fellow.
- n. A rope's end used for punishment; also, a piece of rope with something heavy at the end used as a weapon.
- n. The second after-swarm of bees.
- n. Synonyms Filly, etc. See pony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of revolver
- n. a young male horse under the age of four
A half-brother to Forte Dei Marmi, this colt is going to need further in time but ran well enough when third in a Nottingham maiden over six furlongs to suggest he can win over seven.
"The colt is peaking right now at the right time," Borel said after the race.
I think the pic with the elk strapped to the dodge colt is funnier than the jeep one.
Owner Michael Iavarone said blood will be drawn to make sure the colt is not ill.
OMFG omg just stop moaning! he wont die, well he will but then Dean would make a deal and bring him back ... and the colt comes from the demon itself, well i dont want to spoil the episode for ya xD kirsty**
Bob and John up to task Baffert-trained colt is a good bet to finish in the money.
COMMENT: Wild young colt is classic high risk, high return.
"He thinks the colt is trying to do some damage to me," Harley said.
When I wish to visit him I always pass this way, and as even I cannot go through the enchanted wood without losing myself, I call the colt to guide me. '
Tina was as vexed at the proposition as a young unbroken colt is at the sight of a halter.