from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young dog; a puppy.
- n. The young of various other canine animals, such as the wolf or fox.
- n. The young of certain other animals, such as the seal.
- n. An inexperienced or conceited young person: a mere pup trying his first case in court.
- intransitive v. To give birth to pups.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young dog, wolf, fox, seal, shark and some other animals.
- n. A young, inexperienced person.
- n. Any cute dog, regardless of age.
- n. A short semi-trailer used jointly with a dolly and another semi-trailer to create a twin trailer.
- v. To give birth to pups.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young dog; a puppy.
- n. a young seal.
- intransitive v. To bring forth whelps or young, as the female of the canine species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring forth pups, as a bitch; whelp, as a carnivorous quadruped.
- n. Same as puppy, 2.
- n. A local term current among the Klondike gold-miners for tributary streamlets of the second order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inexperienced young person
- n. young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf
- v. birth
"Will," said the old man, stopping to say _pup, pup, pup, pup, pup, pup_, as he emitted half a dozen tiny puffs of smoke, waving his pipe stem the while; "mind what your aunt says and you'll never repent."
Whether you own a Dalmatian or a Doberman, if your pup is the neighborhood fire hydrant inspector, this is the costume for them!
It's also invaluable to determining whether your pup is a product of a puppy mill.
Esperanza's photo of the Xolo pup, is sporting a lot of hair.
Tell guests (especially kids) that they can pet your pup one at a time (only if your pup is super friendly and doesn't have a history of aggression though).
Take your time and progress forward when your pup is ready.
Yes | No | Report from muskiemaster wrote 37 weeks 4 days ago my little chocolate pup is also a house dog that other than some incidents where like yesterday where she chewed some toilet paper to shreds.
I just had to let you know how lucky the pup is going to be because the pup is coming to a good home with a spacious fence yard and tender care of family of two kids and Pet Lover ..
The pair also become parents to a talented mutt (Daisy, best known as the family pup from the Blondie movies) who becomes a canine movie star.
Just make sure you have the time, because this little pup is going to depend on you completely for everything in its life.