from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that charges, such as an instrument that charges or replenishes storage batteries.
- n. A horse trained for battle; a cavalry horse.
- n. A large shallow dish; a platter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that charges or recharges.
- n. A large horse trained for battle and used by the cavalry. They were of a lighter build than a destrier
- n. A large platter.
- n. One who charges.
- n. A speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine.
- n. A rectal concealment container for prohibited material such as money, drugs and tools.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which charges.
- n. An instrument for measuring or inserting a charge.
- n. A large dish.
- n. A horse for battle or parade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which charges.
- n. A war-horse.
- n. In mining, an implement for charging horizontal bore-holes with powder.
- n. In gunnery, a contrivance for measuring and placing in a gun a certain quantity or charge of powder or shot.
- n. A large flat dish or platter.
- n. In England, in the middle ages, a servant or officer of the household whose duty was to bear the meats to table at banquets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. formerly a strong swift horse ridden into battle
- n. a device for charging or recharging batteries
(If a suitable charger is available that is) "the paranoid style" or
Did you know that when a phone charger is plugged into an outlet, it still uses power even if not hooked up to a phone?
New battery charger is supposedly really fast - from 0 to 50 percent in just 3 minutes
My charger is gone, and the Bizarro is thirty dollars richer.
Unless your car charger is plugged into your own private wind farm, the current you draw might be that least smidgin required to keep that last coal fired power plant on line – so the electricity you use causes carbon dioxide as if you were wired direct to a coal fired plant.
A very small amount of logic, specific for each cell phone model the charger is marketed for, could be embedded inside the plastic transformer block.
May 03, 2009 at 5: 03 AM which charger is shown in the picture associated with #8 that digitally shows the state of charge on each individual battery gmerin
Still, getting the majority of the industry behind a standard charger is a great thing for most consumers, who will happily accept one fewer cord cluttering up their outlet.
Because you are setting up a system to put the next bunch of republicans in charger of your health care.
And this vehicle is on board charger, which is very efficient and charges from seven to eight hours.