from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A member of a unit of cavalry.
- noun A cavalry horse.
- noun A mounted police officer.
- noun A state police officer.
- noun A reliable, uncomplaining, often hard-working person.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A private soldier in a body of cavalry; a horse-soldier.
- noun A cavalry horse; a troop-horse.
- noun A troop-ship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.
- noun United States A state police officer; -- also called
- noun Australia A mounted policeman.
- noun Trouper.
- noun with energy, endurance, or enthusiasm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun military A soldier of private rank in
cavalryor armour. Abbreviated Tpr.
- noun A
- noun A
- noun UK A
- noun US A state trooper.
- noun One who endures adversity or hardship with an attitude of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a mounted policeman
- noun a state police officer
- noun a soldier in a motorized army unit
- noun a soldier mounted on horseback
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From troop + -er, from French troupe.
Sorry, no example sentences found.