from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A member of a unit of cavalry.
- noun A cavalry horse.
- noun A mounted police officer.
- noun A state police officer.
- noun A reliable, uncomplaining, often hard-working person.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A private soldier in a body of cavalry; a horse-soldier.
- noun A cavalry horse; a troop-horse.
- noun A troop-ship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.
- noun United States A state police officer; -- also called
- noun Australia A mounted policeman.
- noun Trouper.
- noun with energy, endurance, or enthusiasm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun military A soldier of private rank in
cavalryor armour. Abbreviated Tpr.
- noun A
- noun A
- noun UK A
- noun US A state trooper.
- noun One who endures adversity or hardship with an attitude of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a mounted policeman
- noun a state police officer
- noun a soldier in a motorized army unit
- noun a soldier mounted on horseback
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
He said: "Maggie not only is one of our finest actresses, she's also what we call a trooper, she would just get on with her work and she just did it unflinchingly and marvellously and with a great deal of wit, her sharp wit that she retained throughout the whole shoot even though she hadn't been very well."
- Indimidating a state trooper is an illegal action
Not only is there the voice changer that allows your child to say anything in the voice of the clone trooper from the movie and tv cartoon series, it also is loaded with many popular sayings from the shows.
Another right-wing moral trooper from the Independent and Sovereign Nation of South Carolina.
He said he called the trooper and was told, "The bear is yours, Mr. Jewel, the DNR [state Department of Natural Resources] doesn't want it."
And a mark of a good trooper is how many lanuages he can curse in.
Seems to have a bit of comedy as he throws the storm trooper up and down and the trooper is begging, funny.
It has all the wonderful magical qualities of the Emile Henry Burgundian clay, which means that it takes temperature extremes like a trooper, is easy to clean, and can even be used on a gas stovetop, with a flame tamer.
Your state trooper is an agent of wrath for those who break the speed limit.
But the word trooper must not conjure up a vision of belted horsemen, rigid in uniform, with clanking sabres, and helmets of brass.