from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The quality or condition of being susceptible.
- noun The capacity to be affected by deep emotions or strong feelings; sensitivity.
- noun Sensibilities; feelings.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The state or character of being susceptible; the capability of receiving impressions or change, or of being influenced or affected; sensitiveness.
- noun Capacity for feeling or emotion of any kind; sensibility: often in the plural.
- noun Specifically, a special tendency to experience emotion; peculiar mental sensitiveness.
- noun In medicine, an unusual predisposition toward infection or the attacks of infectious disease.
- noun In electricity, the ratio of the magnetization produced in a specimen of iron, or other material, to the magnetizing force.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The state or quality of being susceptible; the capability of receiving impressions, or of being affected.
- noun Specifically, capacity for deep feeling or emotional excitement; sensibility, in its broadest acceptation; impressibility; sensitiveness.
- noun (Physics) the intensity of magnetization of a body placed in a uniform megnetic field of unit strength.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the condition of being
- noun physics electric susceptibility, a measure of how easily a
dielectricpolarizes in response to an external electric field (compare permittivity).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the state of being susceptible; easily affected
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.