from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A plumber's workshop or place of business.
- noun A plumber's work; plumbing.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Works in lead collectively; manufactures of lead.
- noun A place where plumbing is carried on.
- noun The business of a plumber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete The business of a plumber.
- noun A place where plumbing is carried on; lead works.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete, uncountable The business of a
- noun countable A place where
plumbingis carried out
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the occupation of a plumber (installing and repairing pipes and fixtures for water or gas or sewage in a building)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
I learned this on a recent expedition to engage in a little home-plumbery.
Kept telling everyone that Asadahl stole the plumbery from his uncle.
He now accepted an engagement as manager of a plumbery establishment in Dunfermline, where he continued two years.
A room over the Jesus Chapel, once the plumbery, is now used as a museum.