from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A section of panels or paneled wall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of panelling.
- n. Alternative spelling of panelling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of forming in panels or decorating with panels.
- n. The panels which decorate the walls of a room.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The making of panels, as in a door.
- n. Panels collectively: as, the paneling of a ceiling.
- n. The diversifying of a surface by means of panels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a panel or section of panels in a wall or door
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He was impressed with the long leather seats, the wood grain paneling, the shiny gadgets.
You have a great room – the paneling is nice actually.
And thank you, I think the paneling is quite nice, too.
As part of her innate loyalty-building strategy, Galvan taped up the business cards of seemingly everyone who ever came in, and glossies of every local figure and demi-celebrity she could talk into giving her one: today the 1970s walnut-look paneling is (mercifully) almost completely covered with them.
It was navy blue with fake wood grain paneling and all the options: power windows, power seats, a cassette player, and a 2.8 liter EFI V-6 with overdrive.
(Who would expect to see simulated wood-grain paneling plastered on the side of a preproduction BMW X5?)
There behind the paneling was a shallow closet which ran the full length of the five panels.
There behind the paneling was a shallow closet which ran the full length of the five panels, it was filled with a collection of bags and small chests, a collection which
The breakthrough occurred when we realized that an image of the paneling could be a kind of screen-saver.
The first thing about the ASUS Bamboo Series notebook that commands immediate and unfailing attention is its artisan-grade Moso bamboo paneling, which is crafted with the precision and care typically associated with bamboo instruments and arts and crafts.