from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun Paper often colored and printed with designs and pasted to a wall as a decorative covering.
  • noun A picture or design displayed on the background of a computer screen or cell phone.
  • intransitive verb To cover with wallpaper.
  • intransitive verb To decorate a wall or room with wallpaper.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun uncountable Decorative paper-like material used to cover the inner walls of buildings.
  • noun countable A style or design of such material or image.
  • noun computing An image or tiled pattern used as a background to personalize a computer desktop.
  • verb transitive To cover (a wall, a room, etc) with wallpaper.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a decorative paper for the walls of rooms
  • verb cover with wallpaper


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

From wall + paper



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.