from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The position or office of a leader: ascended to the leadership of the party.
- n. Capacity or ability to lead: showed strong leadership during her first term in office.
- n. A group of leaders: met with the leadership of the nation's top unions.
- n. Guidance; direction: The business prospered under the leadership of the new president.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the capacity of someone to lead
- n. a group of leaders
- n. The office or status of a leader.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office, position or function of a leader.
- n. The quality of character and personality giving a person the ability to gain the confidence of and lead others.
- n. The people who serve as leaders of a group.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of a leader; guidance; control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ability to lead
- n. the body of people who lead a group
- n. the status of a leader
- n. the activity of leading
They are human – we all make mistakes – however when you are in leadership, your mistakes are excused but you're quality of leadership is below 0.
They seem to forget positions in leadership is not the head of a ghetto.
A change in leadership is just a drop in the bucket.
He told Fox that Rumsfeld has run the Pentagon through intimidation and that a change in leadership is needed.
Marine General Paul Van Riper told Fox that Rumsfeld has run the Pentagon through intimidation and that a change in leadership is needed.
Katrina, not only exposed inadiquicies in leadership from the Whitehouse, but also the great lengths they take from abstaining from blame while laying blame on others.
This centre of excellence in leadership is located here in Toronto.
Now, one of the most difficult things in leadership, especially in industrial leadership, is what I think we can call "communications", which means how you get the intention of the top man right to the boy with the oily rag, right down through the whole organization.
This Mayor of ours appears to taking the word leadership and showing us its meaning.
Obama and his leadership is the BIGGESTS JOKE and the stock market shows it.