from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of agreeing.
- n. Harmony of opinion; accord.
- n. An arrangement between parties regarding a course of action; a covenant.
- n. Law A properly executed and legally binding contract.
- n. Law The writing or document embodying this contract.
- n. Grammar Correspondence in gender, number, case, or person between words.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An understanding between entities to follow a specific course of conduct.
- n. A state whereby several parties share a view or opinion; the state of not contradicting one another.
- n. A legally binding contract enforceable in a court of law.
- n. Rules that exist in many languages that force some parts of a sentence to be used or inflected differently depending on certain attributes of other parts.
- n. An agreeable quality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of agreeing; harmony of opinion, statement, action, or character; concurrence; concord; conformity.
- n. Concord or correspondence of one word with another in gender, number, case, or person.
- n. A concurrence in an engagement that something shall be done or omitted; an exchange of promises; mutual understanding, arrangement, or stipulation; a contract.
- n. The language, oral or written, embodying reciprocal promises.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of agreeing or of being in accord.
- n. Union of opinions or sentiments; harmony in feeling; absence of dissension: as, a good agreement subsists among the members of the council.
- n. In grammar, correspondence of words in respect of number, gender, etc. See agree, v., I., 8. In logic, capability of being true together: said of terms.
- n. The act of coming to a mutual arrangement; a bargain, contract, covenant, or treaty: as, he made an agreement for the purchase of a house.
- n. Agreeable quality or circumstance; agreeableness: generally in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises
- n. compatibility of observations
- n. the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- n. the verbal act of agreeing
- n. harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters
- n. the thing arranged or agreed to
VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'India: End of the road for the 123 agreement'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'The U.S. argument that the fuel supply assurances are not legally binding since the 123 Agreement is a framework agreement is patently false.
The Comeback is available in T-Mobile stores starting today for $129.99 with a two-year service agreement, the Gravity 2 is anticipated to be available in August and the t349 is available now for $14.99 with a two-year service agreement*.
Are we so stupid as to go along with this for the sake of getting an agreement, * any agreement* out of Hoaxenhagen?
What was also striking about the Senate bill was how the pols felt compelled to win agreement from the oil, coal and nuclear industries before even considering moving forward on it.
The league and its players union are seemingly in agreement on one thing: A deal for a new collective bargaining agreement is not imminent before the league's new calendar year and free agent signing period begin Friday.
In this book we use the term agreement to mean the same thing.
Of course, since Armstrong is a Sram investor, the title agreement was key to bringing him to New Mexico.
Of course the biggest news to Science Fiction and Fantasy fans coming out of this agreement is the fact that Lost is now available for viewing at Hulu. com.
Carney said all agree a debt default must be avoided, adding that Mr. Obama would consider a very short term agreement to raise the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling, but only if leaders had already struck a bargain for a broader package.
American troops must identify themselves to Iraqi troops upon requeest when the Iraqi troops are able to provide positive ID AND a secure cell phone number established under this agreement is able to verifiy the Iraqi so identifying themself by soldier serial number, video phone face ID, password of the day.