from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts.
- noun Correspondence among related aspects; compatibility.
- noun Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events.
- noun Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
reliabilityor uniformity; the quality of being consistent
- noun the
degreeof viscosityof something
- noun logic Freedom from
contradiction; the state of a systemof axiomssuch that none of the propositions deducedfrom them are mutually contradictory
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the property of holding together and retaining its shape
- noun logical coherence and accordance with the facts
- noun (logic) an attribute of a logical system that is so constituted that none of the propositions deducible from the axioms contradict one another
- noun a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It tastes almost like pastry cream, but the consistency is almost identical to Swiss meringue buttercream!
Of course, I suspect that their consistency is the result of being deluded enough to fail to understand the way the rest of the nation views SS rather than any intellectual integrity.
Like her husband, she could see no point in consistency, which is the very mortar of society.
Bradshaw could have adhered to it, without any other reason than the maintenance of what he called consistency, but which was in fact doggedness.
White House spokesman Jay Carney on Wednesday expressed concerns the bill could cause what he called "consistency issues" with the nation's international commitments.
Let me repeat for the record, our experience with S.O.S.E. has been flawless both in consistency and timeliness of its response to our tripped home alarm since the system was installed.
Tagged with consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, health care, John Boehner, morally odious morons, politics, Republicans
The sticking point was that deficit-hawk Republicans want to delay the return of the estate tax — because consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Two, the context scale (of which consistency is a part.)
Morrison needs an editor that "gets" him to reign him in, but only so far as to maintain consistency with himself and dialogue with the reader, rather than to neuter or abort his ideas.