from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act or process of combining or mingling.
- noun The combination of the characteristics of both parents as a resultant in cross-breeding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of mingling.
- noun (Paint.) The method of laying on different tints so that they may mingle together while wet, and shade into each other insensibly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of blending components together thoroughly
- noun a gradation involving small or imperceptible differences between grades
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.