from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An association or a combination, as of businesses, financial institutions, or investors, for the purpose of engaging in a joint venture.
- noun A cooperative arrangement among groups or institutions.
- noun An association or society.
- noun The typical collection of benefits arising from marriage, including companionship, love, assistance, and sexual relations, which may have value recognized under law.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Fellowship; association; union; coalition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An
associationor combinationof businesses, financial institutions, or investors, for the purposeof engagingin a joint venture.
- noun A
similar arrangementamong non-commercial institutionsor organizations.
- noun An association or
- noun law The
rightof a spouseto all the normal relationshipswith his or her mate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an association of companies for some definite purpose
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The consortium is just one part of a growing movement uniting academics, librarians, developers, and players around game preservation.
Lynas says that the Lewis Wind Power consortium is "bitterly disappointed" by the Scottish Executive's decision.
Anything borrowed via the statewide consortium is fair game.
When I asked James Billington whether there was a precedent for the potential large-scale loss of data the consortium is trying to head off, he said, Of course!
Under the 1994 Agreed Framework an international consortium is building two proliferation-proof nuclear reactors and providing fuel oil for North Korea while the reactors are being built.
The only link to the consortium is from the homepage of the digital library and the only way to return to that page is to use the browser back arrow.
The problem will be how "flexible" the international consortium is to new ideas.
A consortium is created, which, leaning toward the fossil thesis and thinking it's the remains of a prehistoric man, exhibits the discovery, first in a tent on Newell's farm, then throughout the state, transporting it from town to town.
The new nonprofit consortium is to be called Motion Picture Laboratories Inc.
Tuesday's problems were partly out of the control of the National Election Pool, as the consortium is formally known.