from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or property of being synchronized.
- n. The arrangement of military actions in time, space, and purpose to produce maximum relative combat power at a decisive place and time.
- n. In the intelligence context, application of intelligence sources and methods in concert with the operation plan. (JP 2-0); (JP 1-02)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of synchronizing; concurrence of events in respect to time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process or act of making synchronous: applied especially to clocks.
- n. The concurrence of events in respect of time.
- n. Also spelled synchronisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an adjustment that causes something to occur or recur in unison
- n. coordinating by causing to indicate the same time
- n. the relation that exists when things occur at the same time
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Call for the bird with your dove gun dismounted and work on mounting it in synchronization with the speed of the target.
In addition, synchronization is done on the fly, without further user initiative, which is good for forgetful people like me.
Now adays i feel that firefox feels a little bloated for my liking but bookmark synchronization is a must have feature, you are browsing a alot on different machines be it Windows or OSX.
RFID reader (using its internal circuitry), it encodes its response by turning on and off a resistor in synchronization with the readerâs clock signal.
SMS alerts helped but full synchronization is the cherry on the cake.
All the elements include a report from the Carabinieri, the Italian national police, which conducted raids on Austrian athletes 'and coaches' residences in synchronization with the surprise drug tests, and the results of follow-up blood tests on the 10 athletes.
TP documents, the problem will not arise between the code and subtitle synchronization; Gabest separator "A" option for locking tracks.
o My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Wanted on Blu-ray ™ Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
"You don’t really relieve all the stress unless you get out of the world where time synchronization is so important."
Clearly, much depends on the piece of music in question, but the fee for each "side" of a song -- the publishing portion (technically known as synchronization) and the recording portion (technically known as master owner) -- "can run as high as $10,000 per side," said Seth Berg, CEO of South Bay Music Group, a marketing and licensing company.