from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of exterminating; total destruction; eradication; excision; as, the extermination of inhabitants or tribes, of error or vice, or of weeds from a field.
- n. Elimination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of exterminating; total destruction; eradication; excision.
- n. Elimination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of exterminating; total expulsion or destruction; eradication; extirpation: as, the extermination of inhabitants or tribes, of error or vice, or of weeds from a field.
- n. In algebra, the process of causing to disappear, as unknown quantities from an equation; elimination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. complete annihilation
- n. the act of exterminating
Anyone preaching extermination is ignorant of how ecosystems work.
To throw a whole ecosystem out of whack for our pleasure, especially by way of extermination is foolish.
Despite its rather idyllic sounding name (birch tree meadow), Birkenau housed gas chambers and four crematoria and therefore served as the main extermination unit of Auschwitz.
The idea that they should not be under permanent martial law until they resolve the threat of extermination is very silly.
This makes it all the more unsettling to listen to a 1943 speech by Himmler, where he calls the extermination of the Jews a "glorious phase of history that hasn't been mentioned and will never be mentioned."
Techniques that facilitate the resolution of their problems strategies against pests is to ensure long term extermination, and not merely superficial and ineffective half-measures.
"To us, extermination is not an option," Peterson said.
This may be the latest trend in extermination techniques.
The little darlings brandish placards with typical Religion of Peace slogans, such as: "Behead Those Who Insult Islam," "Europe, you will pay, extermination is on the way" and "Butcher those who mock Islam."
The upcoming and inevitable extermination is something everyone in the world needs to consider seriously.