from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of quantifying
- n. the expression of an economic activity in monetary units
- n. a limitation that is imposed on the variables of a proposition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Modification by a reference to quantity; the introduction of the element of quantity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of attaching quantity to anything: as, the quantification of the predicate.
- n. The act of determining the quantity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a limitation imposed on the variables of a proposition (as by the quantifiers `some' or `all' or `no')
- n. the act of discovering or expressing the quantity of something
But the scientific quest for quantification is important to those funding it – those filthy rich AI-Guys who have so long dreamed of conscious machines and artificial immortality (uploaded minds).
In entertainment, across the board, the issue is the ultimate in quantification — what sort of movies, games, programs, and music will appeal to the most people and bring in the most dollars, regardless of how crude, rude, and culturally repugnant they may be to tens of millions of Americans.
Under the premise of a word quantification procedure, participants were asked to forward all instant message (IM) chats between themselves and their partners.
The definition illustrates how LeÅniewski formulated the idea of quantification in his early semi-prose work: instead of “for some x” he says
There are a substantial number of issues here namely quantification of types,and the measurement quality issues due to ambiguous signatures.
If we were to mature enough as a species to embrace the scientific "quantification" of the power of the universe as at least one way to begin to approach the definition of "G_d" we would realize that no religion can, with any integrity, manipulate such a definition to its own dogma and practices.
But normally they don't show any piece of quantification, meaning mathematical equations, which could be tested and verified falsified.
Darling said nothing he didn't say in June EXCEPT this 60 years quantification which is certainly nowhere near correct for UK and dubious for the world too.
Ngqula did not give details about the exact nature of the restructuring, but said the airline was now in the "quantification" phase.
Let's not underrate the value of this kind of quantification ... think of the performance benefits to a search committees of having an applicant's Prof Code e.g.