from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A fixing of rates; proportionate distribution as to charge or compensation; determination of relative values or rights.
- noun Classification according to grade or rank; determination of relative standing; hence, rank or grade.
- noun A scolding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- noun A
positionon a scale
- noun An
evaluationof status, especially of financial status
- noun A number, letter, or other mark that refers to the ability of something.
- noun nautical A
seamanin a warship
- noun nautical The status of a seaman,
correspondingto rankin officers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- noun standing or position on a scale
- noun rank in a military organization
- noun an appraisal of the value of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.