from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Used in, or adapted for, ascertaining measurements, or dividing by measure.
- adjective a faucet which permits only a given quantity of liquid to pass each time it is opened, or one by means of which the liquid which passes can be measured.
- adjective (Zoöl.) the larva of any geometrid moth. They are so called because they move by a process in which they first pull the rear legs forward toward their front legs, forming a loop which resembles the process of measuring with a tape measure. The motion is completed by subsequently moving the front legs forward to an advanced position. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.