from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The art or operation of determining by means of hydrometers the specific gravity, density, velocity, etc., of fluids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The art of determining the specific gravity of liquids, and thence the strength of spirituous liquors, saline solutions, etc.
- noun The art or operation of measuring the velocity or discharge of running water, as in rivers, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun physics The branch of
hydrostaticsdealing with the measurementof specific gravityusing hydrometers
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the measurement of specific gravity
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The great breadth and the shallows near either jaw prevent the rain-floods being perceptible unless instruments are used, and "hydrometry," still in an imperfect state, was little to be depended upon in the days when European ideas concerning the Congo River were formed.
Description The position will involve work on a wide range of hydrological studies including demand forecasting, flow forecasting, climate change impacts, hydrometry, water quality modelling and flow and rainfall estimation.
Hydro-Logic is one of the UK's leading hydrometry specialists with over 20 years experience of providing Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and Flood Consequence Assessments (FCA).
Take full advantage of the speed of the web and subscribe to our free daily news updates Staff at Hydro-Logic are highly experienced in the fields of hydrology, hydrometry, environmental data management and modeling.
“hydrometry,” still in an imperfect state, was little to be depended upon in the days when European ideas concerning the