from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The scientific study of the earth's topologic configuration above sea level, especially the measurement and mapping of land elevations.
- noun A representation or description of the earth's topologic features above sea level, as on a map.
- noun Hypsometry.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See the extract.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun sciences The data present in
contourlines; measurement of altitude or depth versus area.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun measurement of the elevation of land above sea level
- noun the scientific study of the earth's configuration above sea level (emphasizing the measurement of land altitudes relative to sea level)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.