from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The scientific study of the earth's topologic configuration above sea level, especially the measurement and mapping of land elevations.
- noun A representation or description of the earth's topologic features above sea level, as on a map.
- noun Hypsometry.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See the extract.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun sciences The data present in
contourlines; measurement of altitude or depth versus area.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun measurement of the elevation of land above sea level
- noun the scientific study of the earth's configuration above sea level (emphasizing the measurement of land altitudes relative to sea level)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.