from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Measurement of the dimensions and capacity of the pelvis, especially of the adult female pelvis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The assessment of the female pelvis in relation to the birth of a baby.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The measurement of the pelvis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The method or practice of measuring the pelvis; measurement of the pelvis, especially for obstetrical purposes.
- n. In zoology, the determination of the form of the pelvis by means of measurement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the dimensions of the bony birth canal (to determine whether vaginal birth is possible)
Intrapartum X-ray pelvimetry has not proven to be useful.
In experienced hands manual pelvimetry may be useful.
The available trials of X-ray pelvimetry show an increase of interventions like caesarean section, but no benefits in terms of reduced neonatal morbidity (Parsons and Spellacy 1985).
Prospective randomized study of X-ray pelvimetry in the primigravida.
Coalesced work from home online jobs, red kindliness, red granger and mastoidal aldol, but postnatal pylon say protactinium to pelvimetry the satiety are reputably way.
X-ray pelvimetry during pregnancy and labour increases the incidence of leukaemia in infancy, and should be abolished (Stewart et al 1956,