from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An assessment, such as an annual personnel performance review used as the basis for a salary increase or bonus, or a summary of a particular situation.
- n. A completion of a mathematical operation; a valuation.
- n. Determination of the value of a variable or expression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Valuation; appraisement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Careful valuation or appraisement; specifically, in mathematics, the ascertainment of the numerical value of any expression: as, the evaluation of a definite integral, of a probability, of an expectation, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- n. an appraisal of the value of something
In addition to the monthly written evaluation, at the end of each year the PROJIMO team has an evaluation dinner.
He may sound alarmist, but his evaluation is actually rather balanced.
This kind of evaluation is of course time-consuming, and Carleton has the advantage of being a small school (1,800 students) with a low student-teacher ratio.
The main aim of this evaluation is to set out the context for this framework and to lead to a series of recommendations that will underpin it.
Their findings weren't the final word on whether David Tarloff can stand trial; at least one other evaluation is planned, and ultimately a judge will rule on the issue.
Part of the evaluation is based on the fact that the Medicare “doc fix”, which would add $371 billion to the pricetag, was removed from the Senate bill.
You think showing that my evaluation is not demonstrably perfect kills my position.
As for test scores, I think they must play a role in evaluation because we need something that is close to objective in the mix.
Instead of standardized test results, the core evaluation is a periodic comprehensive review covering the range of attributes parents and communities want for their schools.
Teacher evaluation is emerging as the central flash point in education policy debates.