from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
- noun (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
- noun an opinion formed by judging something
- noun the mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations
- noun the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- noun the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision
- noun the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word judgement.
The reason why parents are to be consulted is, because they deliberate from judgement, knowledge, and love; from _judgement_, because they are in an advanced age, which excels in judgement, and discerns what is suitable and unsuitable: from _knowledge_, in respect to both the suitor and their daughter; in respect to the suitor they procure information, and in respect to their daughter they already know; wherefore they conclude respecting both with united discernment: from
The Delights of Wisdom Pertaining to Conjugial Love Emanuel Swedenborg 1730
And Firefox doesn't believe judgement is a word, either!
Being impartial in judgement is a very important principle.
Maybe his judgement is as poor as his eyesight ...
Stark endorses Obama 2008
If his judgement is as poor for other things as it is for his choice of friends, maybe we should question his ability to be President.
Of course, he also got giddy that the dow was up to 9150 a few weeks ago (seen it today?), so his judgement is a little suspect.
To question my judgement is his right; to question my commitment to effective central government is unacceptable.
Of course, all this talk of "judgement" is code for "political agreement."
THE NEWS BLOG 2005
Absent full information about the person and the situation, our judgement is impaired.
The Volokh Conspiracy » Further to Andrew Ferguson on Behavioral Economics 2010
Any written judgement is also swiftly posted on the Internet and dissected by one expert or another into smithereens.
Global Voices in English » Malaysia: Anwar Ibrahim sodomy trial 2009
uselessness commented on the word judgement
Bad spelling! Drop and give me twenty!
February 8, 2007