from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An end result; a consequence. See Synonyms at effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Information, event, object or state of being produced as a result or consequence of a plan, process, accident, effort or other similar action or occurrence.
- n. A positive result or consequence.
- n. The result of a random trial. An element of a sample space.
- n. The results or evidence of students' learning experience. Often used in place of desired outcomes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which comes out of, or follows from, something else; issue; result; consequence; upshot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A going forth; a marauding expedition; incursion; inroad. Compare outroad.
- n. That which comes out of or results from something else; issue; result.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- n. something that results
I hesitate to classify this under the Florida GOP Police Blotter given the outcome of the situation, but there's no doubt it would be there but for said outcome*, so here we go.
And he realized that he had contributed to the successful outcome or issue of the experiments (_outcome?
NOGUCHI: Sharga says he thinks the main outcome is that the delays will simply prolong an already protracted housing crisis.
CJ outcome is short for a Criminal Justice outcome – ie a formal sanction. on August 10, 2009 at 10: 06 am billymehan
While Dean admits that his latest decision to continue his campaign regardless of the Wisconsin outcome is an "obvious contradiction," he's only halfway to the truth.
The main outcome is the signing of the INF Treaty.
GMF Editor Dave Smith looks at the remaining Premier League fixtures for the 'big three' and predicts the title outcome
Especially when the outcome is a happy family and fabulous kids.
Whatever label you put on it, this outcome is a Good Thing for shooters.
But in the end the outcome is all that really matters.